Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tea!

Posted by Heather at 1:51 PM
"Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it still sings!" ~Author Unknown

Tea just goes with cake. Or pastry, cookies, bars... if it's not coffee, it's tea.

Here's my bit of shameless promotion:

Look to the right-hand side of your screen, there is a Steeped logo. My mother sells this tea, and I don't feel I'm biased at all when I say it is insanely good. Their after-eight tea, for instance, I pinched out of the bag and chewed on for a while. You know, because I'm odd like that. And it was good that way.

These are high quality but affordable teas. Nothing in a bag, these are all loose teas, as far as I know. They smell good, they taste good, some of them are even good for you. Let me give you a run-down on some of the more interesting flavours:

Cherry and Rose Sencha - sencha green tea, rose petals, natural flavours
This smells and tastes amazing. I love cherry, and this is just beautiful - fragrant and delicate.

Superior Snow Cap - green tea, meringue bits, green currants, rose buds, orange edges, cardamom, cloves, natural flavour
I have not tried this one myself, but it sounds amazing.

Don't Worry Be Happy - chamomile, peppermint, licorice root

Feminini-tea for Women - cinnamon bark, apple pieces, red bush leaves, ginger pieces, raspberry leaves, fennel, chamomile, cardamom, lady's mantel, cloves, orange peel, St. John's Wort, black pepper, juniper berries, silver weed, natural flavour

Masculini-tea for Men - apple pieces, cinnamon bark, red bush leaves, ginger, bean pods, mistletoe, lemon grass, sea holly, cardamom, lemon peel, cloves, black pepper, ginseng root

Sinful Seduction - roasted chicory, chocolate pieces, cocoa pieces, red peppercorns, ginger peices, natural flavour

There is a weight-loss Oolong, sampler packs that include things like a wellness sampler, black tea, green tea, white tea, etc. There's also an entire section of flowering tea balls, which are just nifty to look at. If you've never seen such a thing, you should. A few years back, my old boss brought back some flowering tea balls from China. Jasmine, I think. You put them into a glass teapot, and literally watch them flower in the water. Very pretty.

Then there is a whole line of accessories, tea balls, tea pots, iced tea jug, kettles, cups, you name it.

I have never bought a single item from this company, because I don't have to. My mother is a consultant (and lives with me). But if it wasn't already in my home, I would buy it, and believe me when I say that I am not sales-ploying anyone just for the heck of it. These really are great products.

This is a Canadian company, and because of that, the legalities of shipping to the US need some ironing out. But if anyone is looking from within Canada and is a tea drinker, I'd encourage you to give this stuff a try. I highly doubt you'll regret it.

0 comments on "Tea!"

Post a Comment

 

Confections of a Sugar Monster Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez