Monday, June 6, 2011

Awww, Bebe Shower!

Posted by Heather at 12:03 AM
11:49 PM. Here I sit, purely fuelled by coffee. As usual. My eyes keep wanting to close, but my brain keeps wanting to spin, so here I am.

I finally got back the pictures from this li'l party, I had a lot of fun making things for this one. Unfortunately my camera batteries died, so I had to wait on the photos.

What I made were 15 cupcakes. Shortcake, which I believe is posted here somewhere... I'll dig it out later. I filled them with strawberries in syrup that I made from fresh, and then decorated with butter-cream and fondant. Butter-cream was pink (we think it's a pink baby, not blue... figuratively of course, since literal blue babies are never a good thing... but I digress), and then four of them got one letter each of B A B Y. The rest got a heart cutout. The fondant was dyed black, and then painted with edible silver, and each cupcake was also sprayed over half with purple.

In the end I was pleased with the result.

Then I'd gotten these chocolate pretzel mould. Mold? Shoot... I can never remember which is which... mould. Right. They are adorable, you use a large straight pretzel for these, about a half-inch thick, maybe half a foot long. Measurement is not my strong suit. Hopefully you all know what I mean. And then the mould has baby blocks and baby feet with hearts. I used pink chocolate again, white chocolate and milk chocolate.

Then since I had all this melted chocolate left over, I also did white chocolate coated strawberries. Fun times were had by all.

Here's eye candy:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

0 comments on "Awww, Bebe Shower!"

Post a Comment

 

Confections of a Sugar Monster Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez