Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ah the Joy of Moving...

Posted by Heather at 11:13 AM
/end sarcasm.

Last week we moved. For a couple weekends before that, I held a yard sale to try to get rid of all the unnecessary I didn't want to move...

Not so relevant to my post, no, but context.

So the second weekend I let the kids set up a lemonade stand (I think they made more money than I did), and I made cupcakes to sell along with it. I had them in packages of 6, and the lesson I learned is: individual is better. I sold one cupcake, most people said they didn't want a whole package, but they would've bought one. Unfortunately by the end of the day, in the heat, a lot of the decorating I did had melted.

But I still was proud of them. I gave them away and we ate them ourselves, and we got some great pictures - so nothing wasted.

These were plain vanilla cupcakes, each one was done a bit differently. One was blue fondant, hand painted with coloured gel, there were a couple pink/white piped ones, chocolate, chocolate strawberry, and plain white butter-cream with stars and gold sparkles.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

0 comments on "Ah the Joy of Moving..."

Post a Comment

 

Confections of a Sugar Monster Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez