Saturday, April 23, 2011

GIANT CUPCAKE OF WIN!

Posted by Heather at 10:00 PM
For what feels like an eternity, but was probably more like 4 months, I have been foaming at the mouth for this particular cupcake cake pan. Dude. It's a cake pan... that makes a cupcake shaped cake. I called it cupcakezilla. You may recall my earlier post: Cupcakezilla.

Well I recently took a little drive (and when I say "little drive" I mean it the same way that the civil war was a "little spat"), to hang with my bestest buddy. And the visit was eventful, not just because I got the privilege of hanging out with such an awesome person as she, but also because she BOUGHT ME THE PAN I WANTED. If we were cartoons, I would be hug-crushing her body while hearts floated out of my head. I'm not joking.

So when I came home, I made this cupcake cake for Easter dinner with the fam. It was devils food cake with butter-cream, and then I got these nifty little chocolate molds. Moulds? Molds. *checks dictionary.com* Okay, yes, molds. No green stuff. So I have these little butterfly lollipops that I used strawberry chocolate for, by which I mean strawberry white chocolate, this stuff is delicious. And then I have the cupcake molds. I made the bottoms chocolate, with caramel inside, and the tops strawberry again. I laughed that everything on my platter was cupcake - except there was no actual cupcake.

I stuck the lollipops in the top, put three choco-cakes around the cake, sprayed the butter-cream pink, and here's my finished product:

Photobucket

It seemed to go over well, when I got ready to go home all I found left was some crumbs and one butterfly. Dessert win.

0 comments on "GIANT CUPCAKE OF WIN!"

Post a Comment

 

Confections of a Sugar Monster Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez